||Finance Officer (local position)
|| 06 November 2019
||Full-time for 12 months with possibility of extension
||As soon as possible
SPARK is setting up operations and that we are very excited about making a contribution in the field of education/entrepreneurship. We are looking for somebody who is interested in actively contributing in setting up SPARK operation in Mosul.
Under supervision of the Regional Finance Manager and Regional Finance Officer and in close coordination with Country Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for finance, administration and office management of the Mosul Office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare payments for the SPARK office and process all payments in the bookkeeping system.
- Responsible for all the bookkeeping tasks like Bank and Cash bookings.
- Prepare Cash and Bank Reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation of the office installments.
- Responsible for the organization of all the supporting documents digitally.
- Ensure that documentation is in place for project audits
- Assist RFO for financial matters to all partners in the country and to the Finance department of SPARK in HQ in the Netherlands
- Control and process financial reports of local partners on a monthly basis
- Balance Confirmation with our Implementing Partners on a quarterly basis.
- Support the Mosul office in follow up on staff contracts and payments, including record keeping recruitment, compliance, income and tax insurance
- Responsible for purchase requests
- Support the administration for the office and project activities.
- Provide organizational and logistical support for on-going activities as well as support in setting the office in Mosul during the establishment
- Frequent traveling in surrounding areas and countries
- General office management, accounting and administration support
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures
- Other tasks when required.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field.
- Background in education desirable.
- Experience in financial management and project management, especially in drawing up activity budgets and reporting to donors.
- Experience with audits is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Arabic.
- Organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and travel;
- Proactively solving problems;
- High energy, pro-active and service-minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience between 1600 USD – 1725 USD gross per month;
- Full-time contract for 12 months (2 months’ probation period), with possibility of extension.
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 06 November 2019. Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.