||Blended Learning Specialist (local position)
||Gaziantep (alternative locations may also be considered), Turkey
||20 November 2019
||12 months with the possibility for extension
||As soon as possible
The purpose of this position is to increase the expertise of SPARK in the area of Blended Learning, and to ensure SPARK stays competitive in this area. The position holder will lead all blended learning initiatives in Turkey, including coordination with the institutions where the initiatives will be implemented. Moreover, the position holder will represent SPARK in technical working groups and events related to blended learning in Turkey and abroad where feasible. Note that blended learning is a new concept in SPARK and we are looking for people who want to co-develop the strategy on how to integrate this into our programmes. S/he will contribute to the development and implementation of initiatives related to the blended learning in the region, contribute to the organization’s strategies in the related field and actively gather and disseminate best practices/innovations and learnings in the whole organisation, especially to the staff working on that particular topic in order to facilitate internal learning
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and monitor the blended learning component of the Turkey programme in close coordination with the Turkey Country Manager and the Turkey team, and introduce/integrate blended learning into the overall Turkey programme
- Develop blended learning courses to be implemented in Turkey and as resource for other country offices. Develops and standardizes of content/ tools/ guidelines/ manuals/ frameworks to meet the technical needs for internal and external use
- Coordinate the work of external experts, including preparation of ToRs with clear deliverables and regular monitoring of the progress and organize the training, workshops, presentation related to blended learning internally and externally
- Establish and maintain strong relations with the universities and relevant stakeholders in Turkey
- Increase knowledge and expertise on blended learning and (innovation in) Higher Education through capacity building both within SPARK and within partner organisations.
- Act as focal point for blended learning activities and Higher Education-related questions for regional and country teams as a sparring partners to sharpen SPARK’s interventions
- Ensure to stay abreast of new developments and current trends concerning blended learning and (innovation in) Higher Education in Turkey and the region to support the development of blended learning and innovation in Higher Education strategies
- Provides technical input and feedback on reports, evaluations and tools and works in closely with the acquisition team on project proposals to ensure quality and innovative interventions in Higher Education are integrated into proposal.
Requirements and Skills
- BA or MA in social science degree in a relevant discipline related to international development or education, with a preference for candidates with some formal training in higher education
- Substantial professional experience in blended learning methodologies and topics related to higher education in developing countries
- Experience working with multilateral, bilateral or non-governmental development organizations
- Proven expertise in the area of blended learning methodologies (publications, speaker events, skills, references, past jobs)
- Experience of working with affected populations, especially refugees and displaced populations
- Previous experience in developing tools and guidelines and delivering trainings, coaching and mentoring
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Turkish
- Arabic highly desirable
- Communication, taking initiative, relationship building and networking
- Turkish nationality only
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience from 2000 – 2500 EUR net;
- Full-time contract 40h/per week with possibility of extension based on performance and available budget;
- Training opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 20 November 2019. Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.